I'm Connected

Image by trustmeiamnotageek via Flickr

PCSwizz Answers are real computer questions from my readers, clients and anyone in need. I share many of them with you, my readers, to hopefully save you any headaches with your computer!

Question: “I am unable to log onto the internet. The Diagnose Connection Problem says I need to verify the current proxy server configuration. HELP PLEASE!!! :)”

Answer: This is happening to you because Internet Explorer is looking for a proxy server when there isn’t one to find! Here’s how we fix this:

  • Open up Internet Explorer, click Tools, then Internet Options.
  • Click on the Connections Tab and look for LAN settings.
  • Check the “Automatically Detect Settings” box and uncheck the "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
  • Click Ok then restart Internet Explorer. You should be good to go!

Do you have a question you need answered? Send me an email or Twitter me! I will be sure to answer you within 24 hours.

edit post